Communications and PR Specialist
Are you a self-starter with a passion for storytelling and building relationships, looking to make difference? Do you want to work in an exciting and stimulating international research environment, where you can drive forward new content creation?
The FINGERS Brain Health Institute (FBHI, www.fbhi.se) is a Stockholm-based, non-profit organisation dedicated to the promotion of healthy brain aging and the prevention of dementia. We work on multiple fronts, from conducting original research and development, to facilitating collaboration between research institutes, through to rapid implementation of clinical research results in real-world settings.
The World-Wide FINGERS Network is a global interdisciplinary network with a mission to share knowledge and experiences on trials for dementia prevention and risk reduction, harmonize data, and plan joint international initiatives for the prevention of cognitive impairment and dementia.
FBHI hosts and runs the Scientific Helpdesk of the WW-FINGERS Network, which is staffed with experts across various fields, to communicate with and aid researchers within the network which currently includes more than 45 countries around the globe.
We are looking for a go-getter to help build FBHI´s presence on a global scale.
Able to hit the ground running, you’ll work to grow and strengthen our activities and build our brand through bold and proactive communication, and mastery of the full communications toolbox, including various forms of social media.
In this role you will be:
· Developing and executing annual PR and communication plans and campaigns aligned with FBHI’s overall strategy
· Creating compelling content in Swedish and English to convey messages and stories through genuine, warm, and inspiring articles, images, films, press releases, website and social media content and events, to showcase the research and work of the organisation
· Developing, updating, and maintaining FBHI’s website
· Seeking and developing proactive PR opportunities across the organisation, to attract interest and investment in FBHI’s future activities in the form of donations and grants
· Organising and coordinating stakeholder and public events including fundraising and engagement activities
· Participating in internal projects with the objective to plan and execute communication towards our prioritized target groups
· Building strong relationships/networks with media and journalists on industry and national levels, and managing media enquiries
· Monitoring, analysing, and acting on media coverage of the Alzheimer’s disease and dementia field to promote FBHI’s activities
· Publishing press releases, articles and other material targeting our different target groups
· Optimizing existing ways of working and exploiting new working methodologies within the field of communication and PR
· Working with scientists to translate and communicate complex scientific principles, research, and research results to a broader audience through a range of media formats
Full time fixed term until end of December 2023.
Location: Stockholm, Sweden.
Salary will be based on the candidate’s skills and level of experience. The post is funded by a current 2-year project grant until end of 2023, but should future funding become available there may be opportunities for extension, as FBHI is committed to long term research activities.
The applicant must be eligible to live and work within Sweden, either through citizenship or residency status, at time of application and for the length of work contract.
Five weeks of vacation will be provided in addition to standard national holidays.
Work outside normal Swedish office hours may be required as a function of the interactions with global partners.
FBHI is an equal opportunities employer and encourages applications from all candidates who fulfil the eligibility and selection criteria. The role may be open to flexible working, if requested and in discussion with the employer.
Are you interested?
For this recruitment we are working together with Jan Friberg at Bondi Executive Search AB in Stockholm, www.bondi.se. All questions and applications for this position are handled by Jan Friberg at Bondi. He can be reached via email at email@example.com or via phone at 0705 871228.